Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Gail Files

Gail Fleming is by far one of my favorite characters in my books, as well as being one of my favorite teachers of all time! She was my choir instructor at Southwestern Illinois College, which was one of the most wonderful experiences of my life; my first class with her was Music Appreciation, which was awesome, and right now I'm in World Music, which is also a blast! Anyways, here's some of my random sketches of her, her friends, and family as presented in The Gailean Quartet, which shall, God-willing, be published and/or e-published in the next couple of years. To see pics of the real Gail and the SWIC choir, scroll down further to the pictures under "The Gailean Quartet." The other Gail, whose name is spelled "Gale" in my drawing, was our piano accompaniest in choir; both Gailes were brilliant at the piano! Darice was the head of music department at SWIC as well as being a wonderful piano and vocie teacher. I never had her as a teacher personally, but I still love her just like I love the rest of the music staff, so here she is! The character named "Rory" is one of Gail's daughters in the books, though she was named after the daughter of Ed Jacobs, the music theory instructor at the college. Lil Gail represents a child-like alternate dimension type form of Gail, so any Chibi Gails you see are Lil Gails; also, the grown-up Gails without glasses represent her in her younger years as seen in "The Last Musician." Well, there's your bit of Gailean Quartet history. That's all you'll get out of me; have to wait til the books come out and read them yourselves! Enjoy the pics!




















No comments: